Nov 14, 2012 / 6:45 am
A woman sentenced to stand at the curb with an embarrassing sign for driving on the sidewalk past a stopped school bus has served out the second half of her two-hour punishment.
The sentencing judge, unhappy that Shena Hardin was smoking and texting during Tuesday's hour, had planned to personally supervise the defendant Wednesday.
But Judge Pinkey Carr sent word that she had changed her mind. Court spokesman Ed Ferenc says Carr gave no reason.
The judge had ordered Hardin to stand with a sign reading, "Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."
Hardin wore headphones and ignored passers-by Tuesday. The judge told WKYC-TV she felt Hardin wasn't sufficiently holding up the sign and was "missing the point."
Read more World News
- Bride shared little emotion over his death
- Police clash with protesters in Ukraine
- Another theft from Walker's crash
- First national marketplace for legal pot
- Convicted killer executed in Oklahoma
- Backcountry skier survives avalanche
- World leaders pay tribute to Mandela
- Sound sleeper locked inside empty plane
- Guilty plea in ricin-laced letters sent
- World leaders gather in South Africa
- NY reporters sue Homeland Security
- Justin Bieber arrives in Philippines
(Click for RSS instructions.)