Nov 14, 2012 / 6:45 am
A woman sentenced to stand at the curb with an embarrassing sign for driving on the sidewalk past a stopped school bus has served out the second half of her two-hour punishment.
The sentencing judge, unhappy that Shena Hardin was smoking and texting during Tuesday's hour, had planned to personally supervise the defendant Wednesday.
But Judge Pinkey Carr sent word that she had changed her mind. Court spokesman Ed Ferenc says Carr gave no reason.
The judge had ordered Hardin to stand with a sign reading, "Only an idiot would drive on the sidewalk to avoid a school bus."
Hardin wore headphones and ignored passers-by Tuesday. The judge told WKYC-TV she felt Hardin wasn't sufficiently holding up the sign and was "missing the point."
Read more World News
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
(Click for RSS instructions.)