During November each year, Movember is responsible for the sprouting of moustaches on thousands of men’s faces, in Canada and around the world. With their “Mo’s”, these men raise funds and awareness for men's health, specifically prostate cancer and male mental health initiatives.
Here is a video on the scope of how many conversations about men's health have been started due to Movember:
On Movember 1st, guys register at www.Movember.com with a clean-shaven face. For the rest of the month, these selfless and generous men, known as Mo Bros, groom, trim and wax their way into the annals of fine moustachery. Supported by the women in their lives, Mo Sistas, Movember Mo Bros raise funds by seeking out sponsorship for their Mo-growing efforts.
Mo Bros effectively become walking, talking billboards for the 30 days of November. Through their actions and words, they raise awareness by prompting private and public conversation around the often ignored issue of men’s health.
At the end of the month, Mo Bros and Mo Sistas celebrate their gallantry by throwing their own Movember party.
Are you throwing a Movember party? Are you growing a Mo?
If so send me your best Mo pic or Movember party details to [email protected]. I'll do a follow up story next week featuring all public Movember events and a highlight of the Mo's from around the Okanagan.
One of the most informative videos I found was created by the founder of Movember. Its not available to embed into this story but you can watch the video here!
Here is an infograph about Movember:
Read more What's On articles
- Jann Arden at MapleFest Mar 20
- The Westbank Country Opry Mar 13
- Koyczan performs with the Symphony Mar 6
- Charity Poker Tournament this Friday Feb 27
- Global Music & talented kids Feb 20
- Dehli 2 Dublin performs on Valentines Feb 13
- Family Day Activities Feb 8
- Celtic Connection: Cod Gone Wild Feb 6
- Kelowna Folk Club: Tamara Nile Jan 30
- TimeDRIVE: Donate your time Jan 23
- Splash of Color Fundraiser Jan 16
- 2014 Predictions Jan 2
(Click for RSS instructions.)