Nov 10, 2012 / 5:42 am
Birthday's are so much fun and the SPCA in Kelowna is having a big one.
Its been 100 years since the SPCA charter was signed in the Okanagan, and on Saturday it will be time to celebrate.
The party really started back on November 3 with the 5th Annual Gala, which raised $138,000.
This weekend from 11 a.m.- 3p.m. you can visit the Kelowna Shelter and take in the celebration, there will be a BBQ ($5 donation), a cake from PJ's Party Cakes, face painting and a multi-media presentation.
Big White's Loose Moose will be making his way down from the mountain to join Rocky and the Kelowna Rockets from 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
You can also check out the new building that is currently being constructed. It will serve as a space for seminars and extended training for BCSPCA shelter managers and staff. It will also be used for Kids Camps, that run throughout the summer, and to host children's birthday parties and other events.
Anyone who donates $100 will be entered to win pet food for a year.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
Okanagan Regional Library
- Thrift store celebrates 10 years strong Dec 9
- Big White Sweater Ball Dec 9
- Christmas display going up at Kerry Park Dec 9
- Castanet's Week in Review Dec 8
- Kelowna teens 'write for rights' Dec 8
- Paper carrier waits for crucial surgery Dec 8
- Cost of dying going up Dec 8
- Paper carrier sent to VGH Dec 7
- Roses for women's awareness Dec 7
- Lights aglow on Big White Dec 7