Nov 9, 2012 / 3:58 pm
A Victoria university student's Internet search for marijuana has gone viral thanks in no small part to a media savvy Victoria cop.
The unknown student's quest to purchase some marijuana near or at the University of Victoria campus sparked a wide ranging discussion that had stoners interacting with Victoria Police Cst. Mike Russell.
It all happened on the social news website Reddit, where almost 2,800 people participated in some form or another.
Russell monitors social media sites for the police department and he apparently couldn't resist the marijuana conversation, jumping in with a one-word opener: "Cough."
"It's the fuzz," cracked one participant, another joked about Russell's handcuffs, but the conversation soon focused on Russell's social media skills and marijuana laws.
The marijuana debate rocketed to Reddit's front page, where site users get to decide the fate of topics through their submissions, but it's not known if the student ever did find some pot.
Read more BC News
- BC strikes tentative union deals
- Teen labelled as high risk for terrorism
- Pot referendum pipe dream up in smoke
- Woman's body found in Burnaby suite
- Accused's ex-girlfriend helped sell drugs
- Grand theft vessel after ferry stolen
- Family of five submerged in river
- Highway 1 reopened
- Victim identified in Vancouver homicide
- Man arrested after calling 9-1-1 for help
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
(Click for RSS instructions.)