Nov 8, 2012 / 3:30 pm
A young man is lucky to be alive after an incident with a crane on a job site Thursday afternoon.
Cody Prescott was working on a crew that was digging up a tree stump at a private residence on Calmels Crescent when the incident occurred.
"The gentleman was on the crane platform and I guess the crane oscillated and contact was made," says RCMP Cst. Amadeo Vecchio.
The injured worker's father is Mike Prescott, he says it was his son's first day on the job.
Prescott says Cody was stretched over a portion of the crane with his legs on one side and his head on the other when the cab portion swung over him.
He says his son is expected to be okay.
Vecchio says RCMP will discuss the matter with representatives from WorkSafe BC before determining what will happen with the file.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12