Nov 8, 2012 / 6:02 am
Media reports say Toronto police have laid murder charges in a deadly summer shooting at a crowded east-end block party.
Fourteen-year-old Shyanne Charles of Toronto and 23-year-old Joshua Yasay of nearby Ajax, Ont. were killed in the July 16 shootout on Danzig Street.
More than 20 others were injured in what police have called the worst mass shooting in Toronto's history.
Toronto police Chief Bill Blair is set to give an update on the investigation in a news conference this morning.
Two suspects were arrested earlier this year, one charged with reckless discharge of a firearm, the other with threatening to cause serious bodily harm before the shootout.
Investigators have since linked the rampage on Danzig Street to turf wars within one of Toronto's most notorious street gangs, the Galloway Boys.
They say the group has been linked to at least five other shootings in the past year.
Read more Canada News
- Duffy debacle
- On the road again-Harper pumps pipeline
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader