Vernon and North Okanagan
Nov 7, 2012 / 1:43 pm
RCMP in Vernon have shut down a marijuana grow operation.
Tuesday afternoon officers from the Vernon Detachment, working with BC Hydro, executed a search warrant on a house in the 1000 block of Mt. Begbie Drive.
The search located a hydro bypass in the residence and just under 900 marijuana plants in various stages of growth.
Nobody was at that house at the time the search was done.
The house has been posted under the city's drug by-law and power has been shut off to the home for safety reasons.
The file is still under investigation as our officers attempt locate the residents.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Icy road accidents began this weekend Dec 2
- Weather playing havoc on drivers Dec 2
- RCMP bust 16 in drug trafficking case Dec 2
- Guilty plea entered in child porn case Nov 29
- Six arrested in failed B & E Nov 28
- Cold or not, shelters over capacity Nov 28
- Psychiatric patients escape Nov 27