Nov 7, 2012 / 9:00 am
A heavy autumn snowstorm is whiting out Edmonton, crippling the commute for drivers.
Motorists face long delays in Alberta's capital region with snow falling on a layer of ice from freezing rain is snarling traffic.
The flight board at Edmonton International Airport has started filling up with red with numerous late arrival and departure cancellations.
Environment Canada has issued a snowfall warning for the capital region.
It says 10 to 25 centimetres of snow could fall before the storm system tapers off in Alberta and heads for Saskatchewan.
Read more Canada News
- Country star devastated by pilot's death
- Earthquake recorded on Van Island
- Father, son found dead in wreckage
- Ticketing scheme could save police cash
- Oversimplified: cyberbullying & suicide
- Alberta's swimming cat recovers
- Maritimes gets blast of winter
- Naughty or nice?
- Black: 'Attempted coup' against Ford
- Winter storm causes travel problems
- Pilot dies after plane hits house
- Nearly 300 train passengers stranded