Nov 6, 2012 / 11:50 pm
Prime Minister Stephen Harper today issued the following statement on President Barack Obama’s re-election as President of the United States of America:
“On behalf of the Government of Canada, I would like to congratulate President Barack Obama on his victory in tonight’s election and on being re-elected by the American people for a second term.
Canada and the United States enjoy one of the closest and most extensive relationships in the world.
Over the last four years, the President and I have worked on several important bilateral initiatives to generate jobs and growth in both our countries. This includes the Beyond the Border Action Plan, which will speed up trade and travel across our borders while also enhancing security.
We are also working together with other partners to conclude the Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement, which seeks to boost trade in the Asia-Pacific region.
I look forward to working with the Obama Administration over the next four years to continue finding ways to increase trade and investment flows between our countries. This includes putting in place the transportation and security infrastructure necessary to take bilateral commercial relations to new heights and reducing red tape so companies on both sides of the border can create more jobs.”
Read more Canada News
- Giant pandas' VIP debut at Toronto Zoo
- Duffy claimed campaigning expenses
- Killer cement truck driver up for parole
- Gretzky collector sells hoard
- Wife is 'broken' after test drive death
- Nordegg fire gallery
- Murder charge laid in test drive death
- Clark wins war but not her own battle
- Missing man's remains found
- Beach trip for bus beheader
- Ferry officer guilty of criminal negligence
- Female dies after high school rugby play