Nov 6, 2012 / 10:26 pm
Mitt Romney has conceded defeat in the presidential contest.
The Republican nominee told supporters he would pray for Barack Obama's success in leading the nation.
Romney thanked his running mate Paul Ryan, saying the Wisconsin congressman had a bright future in the GOP.
Romney lost nearly all the major battleground states to Obama including Ohio, the hardest fought prize.
The former Massachusetts governor said it was time to put aside partisan bickering and work together for the good of the country.
Read more World News
- Congress renews undetectable gun ban
- Cuddling biz closed amid brothel claims
- Thai premier says she will not resign
- Mob violence escalates in Africa
- Riot police deployed to Ukranian protest
- Kim Jong Un removes uncle from power
- US and Pakistan - the special meeting
- 100,000 march in Bangkok
- Storm blankets NFL fields with snow
- Uncle ousted for 'anti-state' acts
- Thousands attend Paul Walker memorial
- Dead whales found-part of stranded pod
(Click for RSS instructions.)