Nov 6, 2012 / 7:30 am
The Toronto stock market was little changed as traders looked ahead to the U.S. presidential election and hoped that the contest will yield a clear-cut winner.
The S&P/TSX composite index inched 0.84 of a point lower to 112,351.94 while the TSX Venture Exchange added 0.63 of a point to 1,302.56.
The Canadian dollar ran up 0.25 of a cent to 100.58 cents US.
New York markets were higher as the Dow Jones industrials rose 66.04 points to 13,178.48.
The Nasdaq composite index gained 4.25 points to 3,003.91 while the S&P 500 index was ahead 5.19 points to 1,422.45.
Read more Business News
|QHR Technologies Inc||1.21||+0.01|
|Anavex Life Sciences||0.36||-0.01|
|Copper Mountain Mining||1.59||+0.03|
This column is the last of three, for how to prove your personal injury claim. It is the piece de resistance of the trilogy, the Chuck Norris piece – the final say! As mentioned in the first two...
The bank manager just phoned and asked for full and immediate repayment of the line of credit because the latest, (and they were late!), financial statements showed continuing losses and falling sales...
Recently I recorded a video series for my keynote speaking business. It was called from Faith to Future. In one of the episodes, I talked about the concept of using hard work to get out of a difficul...
- TSX closes up: financials claw back losses, miners benefit from Chinese data
- Bell Media and NFL expand broadcast partnership giving Bell digital media rights
- Canadian dollar edges higher amid weaker than expected housing report
- AP Source: General Motors names product development chief Mary Barra as CEO
- AP source: General Motors names product chief Mary Barra as new CEO
- US Rep. Alan Grayson of Florida loses $18M in fraud scheme
- Oil falls slightly; natural gas gains on stormy weather, forecast for cold
- European air and defence company EADS to cut 5,800 jobs as part of major overhaul
- Lululemon Athletica names Laurent Potdevin as CEO, replacing Christine Day
- Your guide to the 2013 Nobels in literature, chemistry, physics, medicine, peace and economics
- Calgary's Equal Energy to be acquired by Petroflow in US$230M deal
- Canadian TV rights deal approval, salary cap on tap for NHL board of governors