Nov 5, 2012 / 9:09 am
The Okanagan Falls volunteer fire department responded to a small fire at a residence on Sunday.
According to fire chief Bob Haddow, crews arrived at a home along Eagle Ridge and Sunnybrook drive to find a minor fire burning on the patio of the house.
The residents managed to extinguish most of the flames before crews got on scene.
The house sustained minimal damaged.
Haddow says the fire was most likely started after the residents had cleaned out their wood stove and placed the embers onto the patio.
Read more South Okanagan News
- Three arrested in drug bust May 15
- Preventive work at Oliver flood zone May 13
- Motorcycle crash kills one near Penticton May 12
- Rally to help Penticton children's festival May 10
- Nature festival returns to Okanagan May 10