DO: I actually released the original version of this song on my album "love" as a fun dance mix, and I got alarming response on the song. It was everybody's favorite. So after I had been talking to Ryan Stewart for a bit about what song we were gonna do I sent him the original version and he liked it right away, more so than any other song I sent him, so we decided to record it, we re-wrote everything minus the chorus.
RD: Now that its released and playing on over a dozen stations what are your plans to follow up on its success?
DO: There's a couple cool things in the pipe. I'm working on a collab with an artist who shall currently remain nameless, and there's a couple dj's interested in remixing this song. But there's plans to do song number 2 with Ryan in march of 2013. We're just now in the deciding stages of what direction were gonna go with single #2.
RD: Is there a full album in the works?
DO: An album will eventually happen. But right now I'm just focused on released another single or two which hopefully will help me arrange a deal for an album.
RD: if you could choose any act to open for which act would you choose to open for?
DO: If I could open for anyone, it would probably be Andrew Allen, again. I opened for him in Kamloops back in February and that was a ton of fun. He's a super nice dude and has given me a lot of advice over the past year. So I'd definitely want to do another show with him. I'm sure it'll happen soon enough!
Read more What's On articles
- Jann Arden at MapleFest Mar 20
- The Westbank Country Opry Mar 13
- Koyczan performs with the Symphony Mar 6
- Charity Poker Tournament this Friday Feb 27
- Global Music & talented kids Feb 20
- Dehli 2 Dublin performs on Valentines Feb 13
- Family Day Activities Feb 8
- Celtic Connection: Cod Gone Wild Feb 6
- Kelowna Folk Club: Tamara Nile Jan 30
- TimeDRIVE: Donate your time Jan 23
- Splash of Color Fundraiser Jan 16
- 2014 Predictions Jan 2
(Click for RSS instructions.)