Nov 1, 2012 / 9:57 pm
A 21-year-old man gunned down in his own home in east Vancouver Wednesday night was facing several criminal charges at the time of his death.
Police have identified the victim as Alexander Julian Liang.
He had been charged with multiple criminal counts, including unlawful confinement and robbery.
Sgt. Randy Fincham called the shooting a targeted attack but it's not immediately known if it was linked to gangs or drugs.
No arrests have been made in the case, which is Vancouver's eighth homicide of 2012.
Read more BC News
- Saanich man, 85, beat in home invasion
- Driver, 11, flips jeep killing 12-year-old
- Air force helps rescue hiker
- Coal mine rejected on Vancouver Island
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
(Click for RSS instructions.)