Nov 1, 2012 / 2:11 pm
A 23-year-old Kelowna man is in custody, charged with theft after allegedly stealing a Tim Hortons' Camp Day coin box earlier this week.
At about 10:30 a.m. Monday Kelowna RCMP received a report of theft from the Tim Hortons in the Orchard Park Mall.
Apparently at about 5 a.m. that morning, a man and a woman entered the coffee shop and, while ordering food, the man cut the security cable from the Camp Day charity coin box.
He concealed the coin box and left the scene on foot.
Video evidence revealed a suspect who was later identified and arrested for the offence.
Christopher David Katona has been charged with Theft Under $5,000 and remains in custody.
He is scheduled to appear in court November 6.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19