Photo: Contributed - Shawn Talbot
In 2007 a very unique calendar was launched to raise funds for the Hospice House. Well folks its back!
Shawn Talbot, Regency Retirement Resorts residents and some of our local politicians and doctors have teamed up to create an eye-catching and unique "Hotties for the Hospital" calendar.
The 2013 Calendar’s proceeds will be designated to the renovation of the patient & family room on 4 East of the Kelowna General Hospital. This unit provides care for patients who are in rehabilitation targeted to returning home. The room is a gathering place for patients to have meals, visit with family and/or play games. Funds will support the purchase patient comforts such as furniture, entertainment and recreational items.
The 2013 Calendars are now available for $10 each. To show their continuing support, the owners of the Resorts are stepping up and matching every dollar raised from calendar sales up to $25,000. With these matching funds, the goal is to raise $50,000 to benefit the patients of KGH.
New for this calendar, some of KGH’s favourite surgeons and staff are involved. Dr. Mike Ertel (Chief of Staff), Dr. Bill Nelems (Thoracic Surgeon), and Dr. Guy Fradet (Head of Cardiac Surgery) all stripped down to help raise a few bucks.
The Regency 2013 Pin-Up Calendar, ‘Hotties for the Hospital’, will be available for purchase at any of the resorts, at Chapter’s bookstore, and at KGH’s Centennial Mercantile in the lobby of the Centennial Building.
Read more What's On articles
- Comedy in Kelowna Mar 27
- Jann Arden at MapleFest Mar 20
- The Westbank Country Opry Mar 13
- Koyczan performs with the Symphony Mar 6
- Charity Poker Tournament this Friday Feb 27
- Global Music & talented kids Feb 20
- Dehli 2 Dublin performs on Valentines Feb 13
- Family Day Activities Feb 8
- Celtic Connection: Cod Gone Wild Feb 6
- Kelowna Folk Club: Tamara Nile Jan 30
- TimeDRIVE: Donate your time Jan 23
- Splash of Color Fundraiser Jan 16
(Click for RSS instructions.)