Nov 1, 2012 / 5:00 am
The West Kelowna Residents Association (WKRA) is appealing to all Westside residents (West Kelowna, Peachland and WFN) for assistance in identifying gaps and problems with existing health care services on the Westside.
WKRA has been asked to gather this feedback on behalf of Joanne Konnert, the consultant hired by the District of West Kelowna to prepare a report on a proposed Westside Health Facility.
“Many of us have personal knowledge of the challenges with access to health care services on the Westside”, says Ron Green, a director with the West Kelowna Resident’s Association.
“Whether it relates to transportation or to cardiology, radiology, laboratory, wound care, home care, respiratory or any other health care service. The need to address this issue is growing more critical every day.”
All Westside residents are urged to provide their personal stories, concerns and feedback regarding health care on the Westside by visiting the WKRA website at www.wkra.ca and using the “Contact Us” link or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for presentation of the public’s input is November 30th, so that Ms. Konnert may use it in her report to the District of West Kelowna Mayor and Council in December.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9