Oct 31, 2012 / 2:00 pm
The man who was arrested for a violent robbery at Savemore Pawnbrokers on Asher Road in Rutland back in February has finally been sentenced.
Zachary William Worrall, who's been in custody since the incident, will spend 425 more days in prison.
Police arrested Worrall at gunpoint along Highway 97 at McCurdy Road after he stole a significant amount of jewellery and fled the scene on a bike.
The 23-year-old also had assaulted the pawnshop owner by striking him in the head and arm several times.
After his release Worrall will spend two years on probation and will be prohibited from owning firearms for 10 years.
He has also been ordered to pay over $11,000 in restitution to pawnshop owner Jan Verhagen.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17
- Memory card looking for a home Jun 17
- Firetrucks off to Peru Jun 17