Oct 31, 2012 / 1:19 pm
A seven-year-old boy saved his grandfather's life by calling 9-1-1. The two were out for a drive in Chilliwack at the time of the incident.
On October 27, a 9-1-1 operator received the call. The boy stated his grandpa suddenly pulled over, started to shake violently and that he was sweating. He said that his grandpa was just laying in the drivers seat and he couldn't wake him up.
The little boy knew something wasn't right, found his grandpa's cell phone and called 9-1-1. The boy was able to tell the operator what was wrong and where he was, guiding emergency personnel to his location on the side of the road.
Grandpa is in hospital undergoing several tests.
The boy is being hailed as a hero for keeping a cool head and for calling 9-1-1. Here is a portion of the call:
Read more BC News
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
- Pin pad fraud
- Malaysian company to invest $16B
- Premier's first priority? Raises for staff
- Charges approved against 229 in riot
- RCMP seeking stolen dirtbike
- Okanagan prepares for invasive species
(Click for RSS instructions.)