Oct 29, 2012 / 4:13 am
Just after 6:00 p.m. on Sunday October 28, the Prince George RCMP were attempting to make an arrest near the corner of Strathcona Ave. and Norwood St. when the shooting took place.
While in the process of executing the arrest on the occupants of a vehicle, police allege that the driver accelerated towards an officer. As a result, a member fired at least one shot at the moving vehicle.
No one was hurt. The driver was taken into custody a short time later.
The Independent Investigations Office of BC (IIO) was consulted, but will not be taking jurisdiction. As a result, the Prince George RCMP will be requesting another independent agency to investigate.
Read more BC News
- Get hooked (for free) this Father's Day
- Police investigate Surrey shooting
- Hotel staff find dead body
- A cherry of a deal with China
- Cyclist killed near Kamloops
- SUV crashes off Mayne Island
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
(Click for RSS instructions.)