Oct 27, 2012 / 9:23 pm
Ryan Vogelsong escaped trouble three times and Gregor Blanco hit a go-ahead triple to lead San Francisco over the Detroit Tigers 2-0 on Saturday night and move the Giants into a 3-0 World Series lead.
One win from their second title in three seasons, the Giants became the first team to pitch consecutive shutouts in the Series since Baltimore's staff ended 1966 with three straight against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Vogelsong became only the third pitcher to make four straight starts in a single post-season in which he allowed no more than one run, giving up five hits in 5 2-3 innings with four walks and three strikeouts.
He induced double-play grounders to escape trouble in the first and third innings, then got Triple Crown winner Miguel Cabrera to pop out with the bases loaded and two outs in the sixth.
Read more World News
- Hero becomes the face of the storm
- Necklace heist at Cannes stuff of films
- Anthony Weiner launches mayoral bid
- No more Bronx 'ghetto' tours
- Suicide bomber takes cadets hostage
- Face transplant saves man's life (photo)
- 80-year-old stands on top of the world
- Tiger gets hairball surgery
- Stockholm riots continue
- UK attack could be terrorists
- Captors release 7
- FBI kill man in Orlando
(Click for RSS instructions.)