Oct 27, 2012 / 12:38 am
A Canadian man is reported to have been found dead in Thailand.
The Bangkok Post has reported on its website that the Canadian was found in a Bangkok hotel room this week along with an Australian national.
While there has been no confirmation of the report by Foreign Affairs in Ottawa, the Post says police discovered several bottles of alcohol and a 'white powder' believed to be a drug in their room.
Thai police say it's believed the two men died of a drug overdose, however, an autopsy is being done to determine the cause of death.
Police are also reported to have ordered tests to confirm that the powder is a drug.
Read more Canada News
- Canada fights online child sex abuse
- Montreal Mayor arrested at his home
- Montreal plot to strike at armoured cars
- Team Canada beats USA, sweeps series
- Harper, G8 propose to fight tax havens
- Feds want permanent secrecy in place
- Trudeau vows to repay charities
- Terry Fox preps Chinese for Canada
- Mystery men in Ford photo identified
- Quebec soccer scraps turban ban
- Syria moved to top of G8 agenda
- Premier: Trudeau should return $20K