Oct 26, 2012 / 12:02 pm
Traffic heading into the city from West Kelowna was backed up briefly after a vehicle flipped on Bridge Hill Friday morning.
The incident occurred shortly after 11 a.m.
According to witnesses, the driver, who was the lone occupant of the vehicle, was travelling at a high rate of speed prior to the crash.
Police say he lost control, veered left, and hit the concrete barrier before the vehicle ended up on its roof.
The man was treated at the scene.
He was ticketed for driving without consideration, a $196 fine.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9