Oct 26, 2012 / 11:22 am
Three years after his murder, RCMP continue to investigate the shooting death of Christopher Hetu.
The 20-year-old Hetu was gunned down in Mill Bridge Park at the end of Bowes Street in Kelowna in the early morning hours of October 27, 2009.
Hetu had been seen entering the park about 1 a.m. on a BMX bike. A short time later, witnesses reported hearing three to five gunshots coming from the park where Hetu's body was discovered.
Hetu, who had just relocated to Kelowna from Prince George, was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say they believe there are people in Kelowna and Prince George who have information about Hetu's murder.
RCMP are asking those people to come forward to help identify those responsible.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Kelowna RCMP at 250-762-3300 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Crime Stoppers re-enactment.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17