Oct 25, 2012 / 4:22 pm
RCMP confirm they are investigating a possible attempted abduction involving a young child at the McDonald's inside the West Kelowna Walmart.
According to police, the incident occurred Tuesday evening when an elderly woman was apparently looking at a young toddler inside the restaurant.
When the child's mother turned around after tending to a child in a stroller, the elderly lady was walking hand-in-hand with her other child.
The mother was able to retrieve her child without any resistance.
Police say the elderly woman quietly walked out of the store.
Cst. Kris Clark says police are reviewing the store's surveillance to try and identify the woman.
Clark says they want to speak with her to determine whether it was a possible abduction or something else.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9