Oct 25, 2012 / 1:21 pm
In this case of moose versus Mountie, the officer, and his car, got the worst of it.
RCMP say the officer was writing a report in his car in Prince George, on Thursday when he saw two moose crossing an intersection.
The Mountie moved his car to try to stop another vehicle heading towards the animals when the bull moose rammed the front grill and bumper of the police cruiser before climbing over the hood and onto the roof.
The moose was stomping the roof when one of its hooves shattered the driver's side window and hit the officer.
Police say the moose then walked down the trunk of the vehicle before making its getaway with the other moose.
The officer suffered a bruised left shoulder but didn't need medical attention and finished his shift before heading home.
Read more BC News
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
- Body recovered from creek
- Fire prohibitions start today
- Elections BC: don't tweet on election day
- Fire fighters aided by rain, cool temps
- Ferry officer will appeal conviction
(Click for RSS instructions.)