Vernon and North Okanagan
Oct 25, 2012 / 2:11 pm
Vernon RCMP seized several thousand dollars in cash, drugs and stolen property Wednesday.
Police spokesman Gord Molendyk, says a 27-year-old Vernon man was nabbed on charges of Possession of a Controlled Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking.
Molendyk says during the course of the arrest the man was found to be in possession of approximately 63 grams of cocaine, five grams of heroin and methamphetamine and $4,600 in cash.
Police later raided a motor home associated with the suspect in the 3700 block of Pleasant Valley Road.
In the motor home, police recovered a stolen, disassembled 12-gauge shotgun, a quantity of stolen power tools, a portable power generator, several laptops, cameras and jewellery.
Molendyk says officers have been able to identify the owners of some of the stolen property.
The suspect, known to police, was scheduled to appear in court Thursday morning.
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Lavington mill death - teen ID'd Jun 17
- Two people pulled from Shuswap River Jun 17
- Fire ban set for Kamloops Fire Centre Jun 15
- Sawmill fire destroys building Jun 14
- RCMP officer faces child porn charge Jun 14
- In memory of Taylor Jun 14
- Sunshine will be out this weekend Jun 13