Oct 24, 2012 / 1:46 pm
The City of Kelowna will close all natural turf sports fields Oct. 31 to begin winter maintenance.
Over the winter, City crews inspect sports fields to determine what repairs are required and perform annual general maintenance.
Field closures are necessary and help maintain the quality of turf for the best possible playing conditions once spring arrives.
City staff appreciates the public's support by staying off all City fields until they are opened in the spring of 2013.
Residents and sports groups can continue using the City’s outdoor artificial turf fields or the indoor fields at the Capital News Centre. Please contact Sport Kelowna at 250-469-8504 for booking information.
To view the City’s sport fields’ maintenance schedule, visit kelowna.ca/recreation.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21
- Glenmore crash May 20
- Grad party rollover May 20
- Annual regatta is largest in BC Interior May 19
- Rutland May Day Parade video May 19
- Kasugai Gardens open into the evening May 19
- The Week in Review May 19