Oct 23, 2012 / 12:00 pm
Kelowna might just have Canada’s worst driver and when season 8 of the hit show premieres on Discovery Channel on October 29th we will get closer to finding out.
Klyne Postnikoff will represent K-town this season and for good reason since at only 18-years-old he has already written off 2 cars, had his license suspended and has caused 10 accidents. His speed and carelessness are a source of constant concern for his mother, Maureen who is worried that her son might die behind the wheel.
Even with all her fears Maureen still helps Klyne out when he gets into traffic troubles by covering the costs of his 'wreckless' ways, but enough was enough, as Maureen is actually the one who nominated him for the show and it would appear justifiably so as he made it onto the season 8 cast.
Castanet caught up with Maureen to ask her about the experience of being on Canada’s Worst Driver and what, if anything, Klyne learned from the experience.
C: Can you explain a bit about why you think Klyne might be Canada’s worst driver?
M: I nominated him because he wrote-off my van and the car we bought for him, within the first 2 months of getting his license. He was picked out of 1000 nominees, so that should explain something. But I did it with the hope that he would learn how to be a safer driver.
C: Was the show a competitive atmosphere or did everyone get along well?
M: The atmosphere was great and hot. It attracts a very interesting group of characters and this season is no different. It was way more stressful than I thought it would be, but with all those different personalities everyone got along for the most part.
C: What was the most enjoyable part of filming the show?
M: Meeting all of the drivers and their nominators and spending 16 hours a day with a very interesting group of people. Not to mention watching my son come to the realization that he might not be as good as he thought he was. It was also fun to see that no one that was nominated thought they were that bad, until the first day of challenges.
C: What was the most TERRIFYING part of filming?
M: Being in the car with my son for many days and crashing all of those cars. I have never been in a head-on-collision until then. And it was many days of crashing.
C: How do you think you would have done on the show if you had to do some of the challenges that Klyne did?
M: All of the challenges were tough, I am afraid to admit that some of them I might not have done as well as he did, but some I would have done better.
C: With the show finished recording now, I know you can’t share any results, but would you say Klyne improved at all behind the wheel?
M: His father says yes, I am still afraid to drive with him and he hates me in his car.
C: What sort of emotions or feelings are you having as the season premiere approaches?
M: Excited and scared, not sure what they are going to do to us in editing. I really am nice, but might come off as difficult in the show.
Read more Entertainment News
WEST KELOWNA MOVIES
- Kelowna Rotary Centre For The Arts
- Kelowna Sunshine Theatre
- Kelowna Community Theatre
- Kelowna Actor's Studio
- Theatre Kelowna
- Kelowna Summer Theatre Festival
- Shakespeare Kelowna Theatre
- Vernon Powerhouse Theatre
- Penticton Many Hats Theatre Company
- Armstrong Asparagus Community Theatre
- Armstrong Caravan Farm Theatre
- Kelowna Rotary Centre For The Arts
- Chamber Music Kelowna
- Okanagan Festival Singers
- Okanagan Symphony
- Okanagan Jazz & Blues Society
- Ballet Kelowna
- Vernon Jazz Society
- Summerland Singers and Players
- Festivals Kelowna
- Parks Alive!
FILM / RADIO [+]
- Robert Pattinson heading to Canada for summer
- Channing Tatum to produce TV sitcom
- Avril Lavigne won't follow the pack
- George Clooney texts ex girlfriend
- Katy Perry talks about marriage & Mayer
- Courtney Stodden gets boob job
- Katy Perry's Madonna disaster
- Britney to release new album this year
- Sharon and Ozzy living together again
- Rehab 'too hard' for Brooke Mueller
- Crashing at Train Wreck Comedy
- Kristen Stewart's Hooters fun
(Click for RSS instructions.)