Oct 22, 2012 / 7:59 pm
There is a controlled burn going on at the ridge line on Little White Mountain.
It is highly visible and BC Forestry is aware of it.
There have been in excess of 100 calls into the Kelowna Fire Dispatch centre, as well as into the BC Forestry service.
Kelowna Platoon Captain, Lawrence Serres says, "With the wet and cool weather we have been experiencing there should be no cause for alarm. Please do not call into dispatch as the volume of calls is interfering with normal operations."
Earlier in the day the fire ban was lifted for open burning.
Send your photos and videos to email@example.com
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Realtors donate to Gospel Mission Jun 18
- Council toasts new liquor establishment Jun 18
- City to test family alcohol zone Jun 18
- Missing teenager has been found Jun 17
- Attempted murder charges laid Jun 17
- Gas leak capped on Borden Ave. Jun 17
- Wiens trial to resume in July Jun 17
- Room to grow - hotel tax continues Jun 17
- Sugar closes sorting plant Jun 17
- Assault sends one man to hospital Jun 17