Oct 21, 2012 / 3:04 pm
A hunter lost in the woods near Cache Creek has been located by search and rescue personnel.
The 20-year-old man from Surrey became separated from four fellow hunters on Friday night.
Alan Hobler of Kamloops Search and Rescue says his friends grew concerned as night fell, and his group got a call just after midnight.
About 15 search-and-rescue volunteers joined RCMP from Kamloops, Clinton and Ashcrost, as well as an RCMP dog team from Kamloops in the search.
Despite a steady snowfall, the hunter was found using the sniffer dog around 8:30 a.m. on a forest service road near Loon Lake, about 15 kilometres north of Cache Creek.
Hobler says the young man, dressed in a light hooded sweatshirt without any survival gear, was extremely cold but otherwise okay. (CHNL)
Read more BC News
- Get hooked (for free) this Father's Day
- Police investigate Surrey shooting
- Hotel staff find dead body
- A cherry of a deal with China
- Cyclist killed near Kamloops
- SUV crashes off Mayne Island
- Man and woman hurt in double shooting
- Pipeline spill southwest of Merritt
- Charges laid in skateboard assault case
- Pipeline backlash following latest spill
- Crash of small plane claims lone pilot
- Woman gives birth at Richmond mall
(Click for RSS instructions.)