Oct 20, 2012 / 8:02 am
A recall of peanut butter products in the U.S. due to possible Salmonella contamination has now been expanded into Canada.
The affected products by Sunland Inc. include PureFit Peanut Butter Crunch bars and PureFit Peanut Butter Crunch Box with a best before date of Mar. 1 2013.
Sunland Inc. raw in shell peanuts sold in bulk are also included in the recall.
No illnesses associated with the products have been reported in Canada, however, there have been reports of Salmonella poisoning related to the products in several U.S. states.
In young children, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems, salmonellosis can cause serious and sometimes deadly infections.
More information can be found at the Canadian Food Inspection Agency website.
Read more Canada News
- Feds buying ads that don't exist
- Petition to rename Victoria Day
- Military supplies stuck in Afghanistan
- Public raising funds to buy alleged video
- Antipsychotic drug recalled in Canada
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast