Oct 20, 2012 / 7:32 am
An extremely rare bottle of Glenfiddich single malt scotch has sold at auction in Toronto for the Canadian record price of $52,000.
Only 11 bottles of Glenfiddich Janet Sheed Roberts Reserve 55 year old scotch are known to exist, and now one of them belongs to Dave and Paurie, a scotch loving couple from Etobicoke, Ontario who revealed only their first names after placing their winning bid.
Canada's lone bottle of Janet Sheed Roberts Reserve was the first item up for bid Friday in the Vintages auction at Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto.
More than 1,100 lots of rare wines valued at $2.3 million will also be offered for bidding at the two-day event.
All proceeds will go to Wounded Warriors, a not-for-profit organization that assists and improves the quality of life of wounded Canadian soldiers and their families.
Read more Canada News
- Search resumes for missing fishermen
- PM's chief of staff resigns
- Astronaut adjusting to 'earthling' life
- Elijah Harper's body will lie in state
- Spectator killed during Jeep demo
- Panda exhibit opens at Toronto Zoo
- Fishermen missing off NB coast
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cancels show
- Family found unconscious in fire
- Saskatchewan zombies
- Sen. Pamela Wallin latest to leave caucus
- 5.1 earthquake near Ottawa