Oct 18, 2012 / 10:46 am
A gunman opened fire in a central Florida beauty salon Thursday, fatally shooting three women and wounding a fourth before leaving the scene and killing himself, police said.
The gunman entered Las Dominicanas M & M Salon in Casselberry shortly after 11 a.m., police spokeswoman Sara Brady said. Two women escaped the salon.
Police have not identified the victims or the gunman. Brady said the shooting appears to be part of a domestic dispute.
The phone rang unanswered at the salon. A video posted on the site has a woman explaining in Spanish the services offered at the salon for men and women.
Brady said the fourth victim was being treated at an Orlando hospital. Her condition was not immediately released.
Casselberry is about 15 miles (24 kilometres) northeast of Orlando.
In October 2011, police say an angry ex-husband donned a bulletproof vest before killing his ex-wife and six of her fellow stylists and patrons at a Southern California hair salon. He also is accused of killing a man in the parking lot. Scott Dekraai is awaiting trial on murder charges.
Read more World News
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
- Mice and lizards return from space
- Plane crashes at airshow in Turkey
- One winning ticket for $590M Powerball
- Pope decries banks over people
- French gay marriage law signed
- Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade
- Powerball jackpot $600M and rising
- Plane catches fire at Moscow airport
- First Saudi woman scales Mount Everest
- North Korea fires 3 short-range missiles
- 60 injured as trains collide
(Click for RSS instructions.)