Vernon and North Okanagan
Oct 18, 2012 / 5:00 am
A theft ring in Vernon may have been taken down, thanks to a Bait Car.
Police say they were alerted to a Bait Car activation about 1:45 Friday morning in the area of 46 Avenue.
Apparently, two people stole the vehicle and drove it up Silver Star Road toward Rimer Road.
They abandoned the vehicle and took off on foot once they realized it was a Bait Car.
A 39-year-old female was arrested a short distance away. A 35-year-old male managed to evade police. He was picked up the following day.
Both are scheduled to appear in court Thursday.
Police believe the two had been active in the Vernon area checking vehicles that were unlocked and had items visible inside they could turn into quick cash.
"Vernon RCMP want to remind vehicle owners to continue to remove valuables from their vehicles and always lock your vehicles," says spokesman, Gord Molendyk.
"Do not become an easy target."
Read more Vernon / N. Okanagan News
- Lavington mill death - teen ID'd Jun 17
- Two people pulled from Shuswap River Jun 17
- Fire ban set for Kamloops Fire Centre Jun 15
- Sawmill fire destroys building Jun 14
- RCMP officer faces child porn charge Jun 14
- In memory of Taylor Jun 14
- Sunshine will be out this weekend Jun 13