Oct 16, 2012 / 11:28 am
The customer of a Kelowna motorsports store is recovering in hospital after the store ceiling suddenly collapsed on him Tuesday morning.
Kelowna RCMP say the man suffered a minor head injury after a portion of the ceiling fell on top of him while in an engine display room at Classified Motorsports just off Springfield Road.
“The ceiling just randomly gave out,” says Patrick Norek, who was in the building at the time of the collapse.
Investigators have not yet determined the cause.
RCMP Cpl. Bill Parmar says the building, which houses several other businesses, appears to be stable, however, the store has been cordoned off.
A representative from JABS Group of Companies, which owns the complex, said the ceiling was up to code.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14