Oct 16, 2012 / 6:46 am
A U.S. jeweler is offering free rifles for husbands-to-be who spend at least $1,999 on an engagement ring at his store.
Jeweler Harold van Beek told KCRG near Cedar Rapids that he wanted to "do something for the boy who doesn't like to hunt for diamonds but likes to hunt for deer."
The deal at Jewelry By Harold in North Liberty starts Thursday and will run through the end of October.
The rifle offer is subject to Iowa laws on gun ownership. Those barred include felons and addicts.
Read more World News
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
- US general's sexual misconduct charges
- Man killed dribbling soccer ball to Brazil
- Doctor visits left Jackson 'loopy'
- Google CEO explains health issues
- Prince tours storm ravaged Jersey shore
- Businessman hits jackpot in casino suit
- Tunnel collapses at mine, 33 trapped
- Chocolate bullets letter gets response
(Click for RSS instructions.)