Oct 15, 2012 / 10:36 pm
A California teen accused of stealing a celebrity chef's Lamborghini and later shooting at a couple will have to stand trial on a number of charges, including attempted murder.
A judge ruled Monday that there is enough evidence against 18-year-old Max Wade to try him on charges including attempted murder and auto theft.
Wade is accused of stealing chef Guy Fieri's $220,000 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder from a San Francisco dealership, where it had been brought for repairs, in March 2011.
Authorities say Wade later opened fire on an 18-year-old woman and her boyfriend in Mill Valley because the woman had rejected him.
Prosecutors are expected to file additional charges over allegations that Wade pulled out a gun when deputies tried to arrest him in April.
Wade has pleaded not guilty.
Read more World News
- Penn urges US to pressure Bolivia
- Missing in Mexico
- United Airlines resumes 787 flights
- Jackson concerts cost AEG $24M
- Oklahoma school takes direct hit
- James Caan revisits the '70s at Cannes
- Military sex abuse victims seek care
- Did North Korea launch missiles?
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma
- Wave of attacks in Iraq, kill at least 70
- John Lennon guitar sells for $408,000
- Arrests made in Las Vegas iPad killing
(Click for RSS instructions.)