Oct 15, 2012 / 10:36 pm
A California teen accused of stealing a celebrity chef's Lamborghini and later shooting at a couple will have to stand trial on a number of charges, including attempted murder.
A judge ruled Monday that there is enough evidence against 18-year-old Max Wade to try him on charges including attempted murder and auto theft.
Wade is accused of stealing chef Guy Fieri's $220,000 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder from a San Francisco dealership, where it had been brought for repairs, in March 2011.
Authorities say Wade later opened fire on an 18-year-old woman and her boyfriend in Mill Valley because the woman had rejected him.
Prosecutors are expected to file additional charges over allegations that Wade pulled out a gun when deputies tried to arrest him in April.
Wade has pleaded not guilty.
Read more World News
- Mandela's state funeral set for Dec. 15
- Hundreds to celebrate pot anniversary
- Woman live-tweets husband's death
- Shanghai pollution at dangerous levels
- Whale rescuers feeling more optimistic
- Driving 50-ton battle tank - not easy
- Russian diplomats accused of fraud
- White House changes story
- Three years in prison for ivory smuggler
- Nelson Mandela, prisoner and president
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Powerful storm slams Europe
(Click for RSS instructions.)