Oct 15, 2012 / 10:10 am
School District 23 begins its second round of public consultation meetings as it continues the process of updating the district's Long-Term Facility Plan.
The plan will provide a comprehensive rationale and business case for key local decisions in regards to future school, grade configurations, specific school additions and renovations, replacement of aging schools and requirements for new schools.
It will be driven by educational program requirements, community and enrolment demographics, school operating capacities as well as the current condition of facilities.
The Ministry of Education requires a comprehensive Long-Term Facility Plan to support all future major capital investment decisions and approvals.
Three community meetings will be held over the next 10 days in order to obtain public input into the facility plan.
- Thursday, October 18 - Multipurpose room at Mount Boucherie Secondary
- Monday, October 22 - Room 1 at Hollywood Road Education Services
- Thursday, October 25 - Community Gym at George Elliot Secondary
All three meetings begin at 6:30 p.m.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Kelowna crime down in first quarter May 15
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13