Oct 15, 2012 / 8:42 am
Apartment dwellers and their cat are safe and in the care of emergency support services following a fire Sunday night.
The Kelowna Fire Department responded to reports of smoke at a two-storey apartment at 451 Harvey Avenue at 11 p.m.
Crews contained the fire to the kitchen area of a second-floor unit.
The residents, along with their cat, escaped safely.
Fire investigators were on the scene Monday morning. No cause has yet been given.
“It does not appear to be suspicious,” said fire captain Erick Simpson.
The residents will remain with emergency support services for about 72 hours.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- The Week in Review May 19
- Rutland May Days' information May 18
- Knox Mtn. Hill Climb crash May 18
- Gas prices spike ahead of long weekend May 18
- More eyes in the sky May 18
- Body recovered from Ok Lake May 17
- City Hall to ask elected MLAs for cash May 17
- Cyclist hit on Baron Rd. May 16
- Collision causes gas spill May 16
- Cross-dressing groper on the loose May 16