Oct 13, 2012 / 11:00 pm
For the second time this season the Kelowna Rockets squandered a third period lead and, for the second time, a late power-play goal prevented them from earning at least a single point.
Ben Walker snapped the 2-2 tie with less than three minutes left in regulation time. The goal came just 25 seconds after Damon Severson was sent into the box for tripping.
It was Walker's second goal of the game.
The Rockets had taken a 2-1 lead into the third on goals from Rourke Chartier and Myles Bell.
However, Kelowna got into penalty trouble early in the third.
Ryan Olsen was sent to the showers early when he was handed a major penalty for a hit to the head and a game misconduct.
Exactly five minutes after the penalty Jesse Zgraggen beat Jordon Cooke with the equalizer.
The Rockets were handed a lengthy power-play of their own late in the middle frame when the Royals ran into penalty trouble.
With Austin Carroll off by himself for fighting the Royals took back-to-back delay of game penalties giving the Rockets a pair of two-minute five-on-three man advantages.
They were unable to capitalize on either, however, Bell was finally able to score during the dying seconds of Carroll's major.
For the second night in a row the Rockets outshot Victoria 32-25.
Both teams scored once on five chances with the man advantage.
The Rockets now return home for their first two game homestand of the season.
Kelowna host Prince George Thursday and Brandon Saturday before leaving for a month ending four game Alberta road swing.
Read more Sports News
- Kelowna Rockets
- West Kelowna Warriors
- Penticton Vees
- Vernon Vipers
- Kelowna Chiefs
- Penticton Lakers
- Okanagan College Coyotes
- Kelowna Minor Hockey
- Westside Minor Hockey
- Penticton Minor Hockey
- Vernon Minor Hockey
- Winfield Minor Hockey
- Pepsi Premier Hockey League
- Kelowna Ball Hockey
- Okanagan Ball Hockey
- Penticton Ball Hockey
- Sunplex Ball Hockey
- Field Hockey Okanagan
- Okanagan Rockets
- Lake Country Old-Timers Hockey Association
- Orchard City Hockey League
- Kelowna Heat Spring Hockey
- Okanagan All Stars Hockey Club
- BCHL | KIJHL | WHL | NHL
- Kelowna Women's Soccer
- Kelowna Men's Soccer
- Okanagan Challenge
- Kelowna United FC
- Central Okanagan Youth
- Kelowna Youth Soccer
- Westside Youth Soccer
- Rutland Youth Soccer
- Lake Country Youth Soccer
- Penticton Soccer Club
- South Okanagan Similkameen Youth Soccer
- Thompson Okanagan Football Club
- Sunplex Futsal League
- Pepsi Premier Soccer League
- CSA | FIFA | MLS
- Kelowna AquaJets
- Liquid Lightning Swim Club
- Ogopogo Summer Swim Club
- Okanagan Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Masters Swim Club
- Kelowna Badminton Club
- The Penticton Yacht & Tennis
- OK Mission Tennis
- Lakeview Heights Tennis
- Vernon Tennis Association
- Squash BC Okanagan League
- ESPN Tennis
Does your local team have a website?
Email us to add your community sports link.
Cover your team's games! Write up a story and email us email@example.com for publication here.
- Stanley Cup Playoffs: 2013 Overtime Heroes
- Wharnsby: Benoit is all heart, hard work for Senators
- Yankees, Manchester City to be owners of next MLS club
- Canadian hurdler Nikkita Holder announces she's pregnant
- Martin Brodeur joins Hockey Night in Canada
- Quebec's Eugenie Bouchard advances at French Open tuneup
- Grizzlies look to claw back in Game 2
- Jays' Ramon Ortiz faces Rays just shy of 40th birthday
- Sharks look to erase deficit in Game 4 against Kings
- Rangers hope to begin another comeback, but Bruins formidable
- Pro athletes react with shock, sympathy to Oklahoma disaster
- Mikhail Grabovski admits to biting Hab in Feb. 9 game: report
(Click for RSS instructions.)