Oct 13, 2012 / 11:30 am
Fans of opera have something to sing about this fall. Starting Saturday October 13, you no longer need a ticket to New York to enjoy the famed performances at the Metropolitan Opera.
Galaxy Cinemas in Vernon will be showing the 2012-2013 season of The Met: Live In HD.
The 2012-2013 season has 12 shows that promise to feature more locations and encore performances than previous seasons.
Every live show will be broadcast on a Saturday. But only select cinemas are fortunate enough to be airing The Met: Live in HD.
Donizetti’s L’Elisir d’Amore will kick off the season on October 13.
The new production will feature Anna Netrebko and will be conducted by Maurizio Benini. It is an opera about misguided love, magic potions sold by a charlatan, and the level to which people will stoop for love.
The following scheduled performances in Vernon include:
- October 27 – Verdi’s Otello
- November 10 – Ades’s The Tempest
- December 1 – Mozart’s La Clemenza di Tito
- December 8 – Verdi’s Un Ballo in Maschera
- December 15 – Verdi’s Aida
In an effort to reach a broader audience, the Metropolitan Opera launched their Live in High-Definition series in 2006 to critical acclaim and success at the box office, playing in over 17 countries and attracting approximately one million audience viewers annually.
Tickets are now available for single performances or can be purchased as an entire season at a discounted rate.
Visit the Cineplex website for more information on show times.
Read more Vernon News
- Coldstream house fire May 16
- Tuesday collision disrupts traffic May 15
- Enjoying Vernon beaches May 14
- Bus stop purse snatch May 13
- Townhouse fire destroys kitchen May 12