Oct 12, 2012 / 7:55 am
Emergency crews have closed Glenmore Road in both directions near Slater Road due to a wayward vehicle that struck a utility pole early Friday morning.
Kelowna RCMP say the closure will last three to four hours while crews clean up and repair a hydro utility pole that was disturbed in the collision, which occurred at approximately 2:49 a.m.
“The male driver was uninjured in the collision; however, the hydro utility pole sustained extensive damage, posing a risk to the motoring public,” said Cpl. Gurmakh Parmar.
A FortisBC crew is one the scene assessing damage and carrying out repairs. FortisBC has disconnected power in the vicinity of the accident scene.
Motorists are asked to take an alternate route.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21