Oct 10, 2012 / 3:00 pm
The accused murderer of an Armstrong teen only glanced at the victim’s family as he entered BC Supreme Court for a bail hearing Wednesday.
The family of 18-year-old Taylor van Diest, who was beaten on Halloween night last year while walking to a friend’s house in Armstrong, will have to wait at least another day before hearing the outcome of a bail hearing and application for venue change for the accused, 26-year-old Matthew Foerster of Cherryville.
Van Diest died in hospital following the beating.
The defence counsel has applied for a change of venue to Vancouver in the van Diest murder as well as bail.
Foerster faces a first-degree murder charge of van Diest as well as other unrelated charges, including one count of sexual assault and unlawful confinement of a Kelowna escort worker in April 12, 2005 and an assault on a Cherryville woman in 2004.
Foerster is scheduled back in BC Supreme Court in Kelowna Thursday morning.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Liberal triumph good for business May 15
- Mission Creek flood watch lifted May 14
- Paving coming to a road near you May 14
- Two-wheel transportation turns the tide May 14
- Capital spending may top $500M by 2020 May 14
- Kelowna Council highlights May 13
- Water Quality Advisory - Black Mountain May 13
- May Day parade set for Saturday May 13
- Flood Watch May 13
- Week in Review May 12