Oct 9, 2012 / 5:28 pm
The BC Coroners Service has confirmed the identity a truck driver who was killed in a fiery crash south of Kamloops that also claimed a second life.
Fifty-nine-year-old Gary Joseph Miller was driving a semi-trailer that collided head-on with a logging truck on Highway 5A between Kamloops and Merritt last Friday night.
The driver of the second truck also died in the collision and resulting fire, but his name has not yet been made public pending notification of family members.
The blaze engulfed about 20 hectares of grass and trees along the highway, and crews were busy clearing hot spots the next day.
Read more BC News
- Hunter found after cold BC night
- 60-year-old shot and killed
- Snowboarder dies on Grouse Mtn.
- Child abductor gets 6 years in prison
- Temperatures to drop next week
- Weekend road report
- Elderly man kills two pedestrians
- House fire kills 1 in Langley
- B.C. legislature dome needs pricy refit
- Kamloops - Fraud against seniors
- Coquitlam middle school evacuated
- Coquihalla reopened
(Click for RSS instructions.)