Oct 9, 2012 / 4:34 pm
Road reopened 9 km east of Rogers Pass Summit. Updated on Tue. Oct. 9 at 5:16 p.m.
The photo shows the back-log of traffic on Hwy. 1, near Parks Headquarters at Glacier National Park, 72 km east of Revelstoke.
The Highway is closed in both directions 9 km east of the Rogers Pass Summit because of a vehicle fire.
DriveBC says no detour is available. They estimate the highway may be open by 5:45 p.m., but they are not that confident it will be cleared up in time, and ask people to check their web site for updates.
Read more BC News
- Ahmadiyya mosque opens in Delta
- BC NDP's bus ride went beyond Hope
- Vancouver man shot dead in Costa Rica
- Company intercepts LSD-laced mail
- Hydro project to go ahead in northern BC
- Pickton victims' families skeptical
- Coroners warn of water danger
- RCMP surround Langley home
- Beware of counterfeit polymer $100's
- Cowichan to close six middle schools
- Tips for staying safe this long weekend
- Body recovered at Golden Ears Park
(Click for RSS instructions.)