Oct 9, 2012 / 4:23 pm
A small brush fire below the Johnson Bentley Memorial Pool kept West Kelowna fire crews busy Monday night.
The call came in about 7:45 p.m.
According to fire officials, the fire was contained to an area about 30 X 30.
It was in an area deep in the gully which has traditionally been a hideaway for transients.
It appears as if campfire got away and those in the vicinity took off.
Arson is not suspected.
The wooded area below the pool has seen its share of fires over the past several years.
The area is popular, not only with transients, but as a party spot as well.
Read more West Kelowna articles
- Golf course fire ruled an arson May 13
- Uncovering youth homelessness May 13
- Westshore water advisory May 12
- West Kelowna will control its own pests May 12
- Shannon Lake clubhouse video May 11
- Van goes into restaurant May 11
- Clubhouse destroyed by fire May 11
- Mystery driver wrecks car May 10
- Motorists asked to avoid Angus Drive May 10
- Burnt out headlight tips off cops May 9