Oct 8, 2012 / 10:01 pm
Update: FortisBC says they had power restored to most of the homes by 11:30 Monday night.
FortisBC is reporting a major power outage in Kelowna.
"We do have about 1500 customers out in the Glenmore area. Our crews are on site trying to restore power as soon as possible," says Neal Proban, spokesperson for FortisBC.
Proban says they do not have a cause for the outage. The power is reported to have gone out just after 9 p.m.
"We do not have a restoration time but we will be updating through twitter to let people know more."
To follow use @FortisBC or search twitter for FortisBC.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Marina moving along May 22
- Kelowna closes all sportfields May 22
- Big Red rolls through Kelowna May 22
- Greenway underpasses closed May 22
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21