Oct 5, 2012 / 3:20 pm
A stretch of Ellis Street is under water after a water pipe broke on Friday afternoon.
"It's a broken six inch water pipe that's under the road," says Tom Wilson, Communications Supervisor for the City of Kelowna.
The pipe is believed to be affecting the nearby Madison building.
"There is a city crew on the scene right now and they are digging down to find exactly where the leak is and then replace the pipe."
Traffic will be affected as crews perform the repair work. Wilson says they will be directing cars around the area where crews are working, and they may have to close the road until the repairs are complete.
Wilson added that it's unknown at this time how long the repair will take.
Read more Kelowna News
City of Kelowna
Kelowna Discussion Forum
Kelowna's Cultural District
Kelowna Road Closures
William R. Bennett Bridge
Central Okanagan Regional District
District of Peachland
District of Lake Country
School District 23
- Former Miss Kelowna earns gold May 22
- New middle school for Upper Mission May 22
- Victim services honour BC Liquor Stores May 22
- Power back on in East Kelowna May 21
- Tuesday crash sends 4 to hospital May 21
- Quiet start to the summer season May 21
- Stabbing arrest May 21
- Last day to register for PlayOn! Kelowna May 21
- Thunderstorm watch in effect May 21
- Calling all green thumbs May 21