Oct 3, 2012 / 11:42 pm
A little girl is offering all the money in her piggy bank to add to a $6,000 reward for the return of her puppy taken in a burglary.
Michael Mabanag, the father of 10-year-old Marissa Mabang, says his daughter offered the contents of her piggy bank because she "just wants her doggie back."
Michael Mabanag told the San Jose Mercury News that when he returned to the family's San Jose home Monday afternoon he found the home had been broken into.
Electronics, purses, and bicycles were taken in the burglary, as well as the family's 6-month-old Yorkie-Shih tzu mix, or "Shrike" named Meeker.
Besides the piggy bank money, San Jose's police and firefighters' unions, as well as the office of San Jose City Councilman Ash Kalra, have pooled their funds for the $6,000 reward.
Read more World News
- SUV crashes into McDonald's play area
- Bangladesh cyclone fades away
- 12 tornadoes wallop North Texas
- Deadly tornado hits Texas
- Plane crashes at Nepal airstrip
- Car bomb in Afghan capital kills 15
- Cyclone weakens as it hits Bangladesh
- Deer crashes through bus windshield
- Cyclone a day away from destruction
- Cleveland kidnapper to plead not guilty
- OJ Simpson set to tell his story in court
- N. Korea: American sentenced to 15 yrs.
(Click for RSS instructions.)